Upshur County Law Enforcement Appreciation Dinner - 2018
With Much Appreciation!
Special thanks to Upshur County's Election Administrator Lory Hill Harle! Check out the following link for Polling and Early Voting locations, sample ballots, training, and much more! See Upshur County Election Administrator Info.
Here is the full list of ballot propositions submitted by the SREC for inclusion on the 2018 Republican General Primary Election ballot:
- Texas should replace the property tax system with an appropriate consumption tax equivalent. Yes/No
- No governmental entity should ever construct or fund construction of toll roads without voter approval. Yes/No
- Republicans in the Texas House should select their Speaker nominee by secret ballot in a binding caucus without Democrat influence. Yes/No
- Texas should require employers to screen new hires through the free E-Verify system to protect jobs for legal workers. Yes/No
- Texas families should be empowered to choose from public, private, charter, or homeschool options for their children’s education, using tax credits or exemptions without government constraints or intrusion. Yes/No
- Texas should protect the privacy and safety of women and children in spaces such as bathrooms, locker rooms, and showers in all Texas schools and government buildings. Yes/No
- I believe abortion should be abolished in Texas. Yes/No
- Vote fraud should be a felony in Texas to help ensure fair elections. Yes/No
- Texas demands that Congress completely repeal Obamacare. Yes/No
- To slow the growth of property taxes, yearly revenue increases should be capped at 4%, with increases in excess of 4% requiring voter approval. Yes/No
- Tax dollars should not be used to fund the building of stadiums for professional or semi-professional sports teams. Yes/No
Location: Upshur County Courthouse
100 W. Tyler
Gilmer, TX 75644
Dates and Times
February 20, 2018 - February 23, 2018 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
February 26, 2018 - March 2, 2018 7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Primary: March 6, 2018
Runoff: May 22, 2018
Election: November 6, 2018
Scorecards, endorsements, and useful Texas links.
Scorecards and Endorsements:
- Empower Texans - Scorecard
- Empower Texans – Endorsements
- Grassroots America We The People
- Texas Home School Coalition
- Texas Right to Life
- Texas Values Action
- Young Conservatives of Texas
- Texas Eagle Forum
- TURF – Toll roads
- Rice University Ratings – Texas House
- Rice University Ratings – Texas Senate
- Northeast Tarrant Tea Party
- iVoter Guide
- Vote Smart
GILMER, TEXAS: Upshur’s conservative organization, East Texans for Liberty’s monthly meeting will be on Monday, February 12, 2018. The evening’s program will be a presentation on “Save the Alamo” with Weston Martinez.
Martinez is a fourth generation Texas conservative grassroots leader with a history of service to the Republican Party and proven results. Martinez has served as a conservative grassroots leader in Texas for over twenty years, served on the State Republican Executive Committee, and as a Governor Perry appointee to the Texas Real Estate Commission, where he finished his term under Governor Greg Abbott.
Martinez, a resident of San Antonio, is well versed in the “reimage plan” of the Texas General Land Office (GLO) concerning the Texas Alamo.
Four years ago, the Texas Legislators promoted and passed a plan involving the rebuilding and improvement of Texas' most iconic shrine — the Alamo. The plan would have rebuilt certain historic structures present at the time of the 1836 battle, as well as give visitors a better and more complete understanding of the physical environment existing at the time of the conflict.
Land Commissioner George P. Bush's plan is far and removed from the Legislators focus. Martinez will cover the GLO’s plan to rename the Alamo, focus on world history, diminishing the focus on the 1836 battle for which the Alamo is famously known, and much more!
February 12th’s meeting will be held at the Disabled American Veterans Building located at 1924 Hwy 271 North in Gilmer (across from Walmart). A light complimentary dinner of chili will begin at 6:30 pm and the program will begin at 7:00 pm. This event is open to the public, free, and kid-friendly.
Republican candidates for elected office will speak also briefly about their campaigns.
“February 12th’s meeting will include a Straw Poll conducted by East Texans for Liberty,” said East Texans for Liberty’s President, Stacy McMahan.
Powerhouse Constitutional Attorney, KrisAnne Hall, who resides in Florida with her husband and their adopted son, will join East Texans for Liberty on Monday, March 12, 2018. KrisAnne Hall is a constitutional attorney, author, and radio host. March’s program will be held at the Disabled American Veterans Building, across from Walmart, off of Hwy 271 North.
“Considering KrisAnne Hall will present two seminars on March 12th, the program will begin at 6:30 pm. This is earlier than our regular public meeting. So, mark your calendars for March’s meeting with powerhouse Constitutional Attorney KrisAnne Hall for 6:30 pm. A light complimentary dinner will begin at 6:00 pm,” said McMahan.
Stars of Texas Fall Celebration - 2017
Stephen F. Austin
To view/purchase 2017 Stars of Texas Fall Celebration photos,
Click this link and sign in with your email address:
East Texans for Liberty services Upshur & Senate District 1
Earlier this year, BL.Uprepared and East Texans for Liberty joined efforts to raise funds to outfit the men and women in Upshur County law enforcement with Active Shooter Vests.
Through gracious donations by area businesses the Upshur County Sheriff's Department, Ore City Police Department, and Upshur County Constables have all received their vests. An Active Shooter Vest was obtained for the East Mountain Police Department, however, upon shipment of the vests, the East Mountain Police officer resigned.
Last Friday, before Upshur County Commissioners Court convened, East Texans for Liberty learned Big Sandy Police Department had not outfitted their officers with Active Shooter Vests, as the Gilmer Police Department.
"We are very appreciative to Brandy Lee, the Upshur County Auditor, and Big Sandy Police Sgt. Ryan Kuhn for their assistance in clarifying the misunderstanding concerning Big Sandy's Police Department," said ET4L President Stacy McMahan.
Today, BL.Uprepared and East Texans for Liberty received approval from Big Sandy's Chief of Police Tim Scott and Big Sandy Mayor Sonny Parsons.
"ET4L will begin raising funds for six (6) needed Active Shooter Vests for the Big Sandy Police Department," McMahan said.
Robert Perry, owner of BL.Uprepared,
Stacy McMahan, Executive Director & President of East Texans for Liberty,
delivered Active Shooter Vests to the
Ore City Police Department
on June 16, 2017.
The vests were purchased through
donations by the great citizens of Upshur County!
The final 4 Active Shooter Vests will be delivered to the Upshur County Constables,
during Commissioners Court, on June 30, 2017.