Date: March 27, 2019
Contact: Stacy McMahan, Executive Director, East Texans for Liberty PAC
Gilmer, Texas: The East Texans for Liberty PAC Executive Director and Board of Directors strongly oppose Senate Bill 10, Senate Bill 11, and House Bill 1448 in the 86th Legislative Session for the following reasons:
- Transforms Texas schools from academic centers to mental health centers;
- Encroaches upon personal, parental, and medical liberty;
- Promotes conflicts of interest giving priority to pharmaceutical drugs over other types of mental healthcare;
- Infringes on the principle of limited government by creating a new one-hundred ($100) million program that is outside of the core functions of state government; and
- Establishes a new bureaucracy.