- SB 415 Perry & HB 844- prohibiting dismemberment
- HB 948 Tinderholt – abolish abortion
*Protecting Religious Liberty
- SB 24 Huffman- sermons
- SB 6 Kolkhorst – “Bathroom bill” or “Privacy bill”
- SB 651 Perry – can’t limit the ability to get license based on religious belief
*Securing the Grid
- SB 83 Hall & HB 407 Tinderholt– protect the grid
- HB 788 Parker – security advisory committee and $25 Million to be appropriated to from the general revenue fund to the Public Utility Commission of Texas.
- HB 1271 Lang – uniform election dates
- HB 1061 Rinaldi & HB 1072 Lang – closed primaries
- SB 363 Perry & HB 151 Simmons – require preservation of ballot images and paper backups to electronic voting; make elections uniform
*Property Tax Reform
- SB 2 Bettencourt – reform and relief, voter approval to raise taxes for over 4%
- HB 1050 Swanson – abolish property tax
*Educational Freedom/Parental Choice
- HB 1335 Simmons – Educational Savings Accounts for Special needs
- SB 542 Bettencourt & HB 1184 Bohac – tax breaks for employers who provide scholarships and empower parents with more options for the education of their children
- HJR Keough 62 & SJR 33 Huffines – Constitutional Amendment to protect private and home schools from state and local regulation
- HB 1050 Swanson – abolish it
- HB 1222 Rinaldi – business license suspension
- HB 393 Stickland, HB 753 Keough & HB 767 Fallon – In-state Tuition
- HB 889 Geren & HB 1308 Holland – sanctuary cities
*American Laws for American Courts
- HB 45 Flynn/Leach/Burkett & HB 498 Fallon – clarify that a state court can not apply foreign law that would violate fundamental, constitutional rights
- SB 380 Burton
- SB 555 Kolkhorst – land grab & water
Intrastate Commerce Improvement
- SB 92 Hall – ensure uniformity by local municipalities in line with state law on discrimination
Transparency at all levels of government
- SB 137 Taylor – lobbying activities by state employees
- HB 444 Fallon – creating a criminal offense to lobby by former members of the Texas Legislature
- HB 375 Stickland
- SB 23 Schwertner – state contractors must utilize e-verify
* = ET4L supports and is watching closely
- 2016 Texas GOP platform, page 17;
- 2016 National Republican Party platform, page 6; and
- President of the United States, while President-Elect, on November 21, 2016, stated that he would ask, "the Department of Defense and the Chairman of the Joint Chief's of Staff to develop a comprehensive plan to protect America's vital infrastructure from cyber-attacks and all other forms of attack."
Lt. Governor Dan Patrick's Press Conference rolling out "School Choice." Watch by clicking here.
S.B. 3 - An act relating to the establishment of an education savings account program and a tax credit scholarship and educational expense assistance program. Also known as "School Choice." Read the text here
After a large number of requests, ET4L has scheduled Aaron Ceder, with Texans for Education Opportunity, to come and speak on Monday, April 24, 2017. Mr. Ceder has assured us that he will be able to address any and all questions pertaining to this bill. See the details on this meeting here.
For informational purposes only.
A message from Representative Jay Dean (HD 7)
Dear Fellow Texans:
Thank you for reaching out to my office regarding this important issue. I greatly appreciate you taking the time out of your busy schedule to share with me your support for a Convention of the States.
As we know all too well, Federal overreach is harmful to our values, especially the liberty we hold so dear. I am a strong supporter of Governor Abbott's initiative with respect to the call for a Convention of States, and I applaud his efforts. I am in contact with the regional representative, Kent Lawson, advocating for the call for a convention. I will sign on as a Coauthor to HJR 39 calling for the Texas Legislature to apply to Congress to call a convention under Article V of the United States Constitution.
I am honored to have the privilege of serving you in the Texas House of Representatives. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance.
Upshur County Inaugural Reception 2017
In appreciation from:
Irene and Jerry May
Anita and Joey Lowe
Lisa Gaines - LadyFingers
Commissioner Mike and Debi Spencer
Commissioner Don and Joy Gross
Representative Elect Jay Dean
Miriam Hill - HillTx Insurance Group
Rachel Easley - Studio 271
Stacey and Gary Nolen –
Titus-Camp-Morris-Upshur Board of Realtors
Lori Metcalf - Lori’s Eats & Sweets
Janice Gage – Rotary Club & Chamber of Commerce
Pam and Haskell Dean
Laurie and David Fisher
Darlene and John Rappazzo
Sherry and Gene Breedlove
Brenda and Tom Evans
Mary Anne and Richard Farrow
Stacy and Harry McMahan
Desiree and David Watts
& all the grateful citizens of Upshur County
AUSTIN – A Gregg County man has been selected by the governor to serve on the Commission on Jail Standards. He is Gregg County Judge Bill Stoudt. He was named by Governor Abbott as presiding officer of the commission. His term will expire January 31st, 2019. Three others were also appointed to the panel. The commission establishes standards for the care and treatment of county prisoners, construction, maintenance and operation of county jails.
Stoudt served as the Gregg County Judge since 2003. He is a member of the Texas Association of Counties, Gregg County Bail Bond Board and the Longview Rotary Club and founder of Boys & Girls Club of East Texas and the Centurion Club. He is chairman of the 1-20 East Texas Corridor Advisory Committee, East Texas Council of Governments and the Gregg County Juvenile Board, and he is a community advisor for the Junior League of Longview. Additionally, he is a former director and former chairman of the Longview Economic Development Corporation, Gregg County Appraisal District, City of Longview Higher Education Council, Cherokee Water Company and Regions Bank.
East Texans for Liberty congratulations Judge Stoudt.
PRESS RELEASE: ET4L Executive Board votes to approve and endorse Senator Bob Hall's (SD 2) Resolution for the State of Texas to Secure its Electric Grid from EMP
PRESS RELEASE - OCTOBER 8, 2016
East Texans for Liberty’s Executive board votes to approve and endorse senator Bob Hall’s (SD 2) Resolution for the State of Texas to secure its Electric Grid from EMP
GILMER, TX, OCTOBER 8, 2016: East Texans for Liberty’s Executive board votes to approve and endorse Senator Bob Hall’s (SD 2) Resolution for the State of Texas to Secure its Electric Grid from EMP.
”A Resolution of the State of Texas to Secure its Electric Grid from EMP
WHEREAS, An Electromagnetic pulse (EMP), created from the detonation of a small “low yield” nuclear warhead at high altitude or a solar storm event, is capable of creating a nationwide blackout that could last up to a year with lasting devastation lasting decades; and
WHEREAS, Other states actors such as Israel, China, Russia, and the United Kingdom, have recognized the EMP threat and taken action to harden their infrastructure and protect their citizens from the consequences on an EMP event.
WHEREAS, A congressional commission identified several nation states that have or are developing the capability to attack the United States with a high-altitude nuclear weapon – generated EMP; and
WHEREAS, The White House has publicly acknowledged the validity of a natural EMP threat to electric based infrastructure from Space weather such as solar flares, solar energetic particles , and coronal mass ejections; and
WHEREAS, The technology to protect or “harden” critical electric power grid component from the EMP threats exists, but is not being implemented in the United States by the electric industry; and
WHEREAS, The Federal Government first began to protect selected military sector assets from the nuclear EMP in the 1960’s. However, since the military has no jurisdiction over the civilian electrical grid, it has been left vulnerable to the EMP threat; and
WHEREAS, Such inaction from the Federal Government to protect the civilian based electric power grid has left the United States and the citizens of Texas vulnerable to the consequences of an EMP event; and
WHEREAS, The Texas grid is contained within our borders, the State of Texas has the unique opportunity of protecting our electric grid infrastructure from the EMP threat; and
RESOLVED, Be it resolved we call on the Governor of Texas, Lt. Governor of Texas, Speaker of the House, and all members of the Legislature, realizing Texas is in a unique situation to take care of their own, to take necessary actions to harden the Texas electric power grid against EMP and protect Texans’, our safety, and the next generation."
“I have personally written Governor Abbott, Lt. Governor Patrick, Speaker Straus, and House District 7’s Representative Elect Dean requesting each of them take the necessary actions to harden the Texas electric power grid against an EMP and protect Texans’, our safety, and the next generation,” said ET4L President, Stacy McMahan. “And I encourage others to do so as well."
“We have received several supportive comments regarding Senator Bob Hall’s EMP threat presentation, in Gilmer, at ET4L’s regular monthly meeting in September. The very detailed and compelling video, including PowerPoint presentation slides, may be viewed on our website at www.easttexansforliberty.com/media,” McMahan said further.
“I’ve seen Bob’s presentation numerous times but Monday’s was the best. … Texas has an opportunity to save itself and our nation if an EMP disables unhardened electrical grids nationwide Hardening the Texas grid would be a huge inducement for corporation to invest in Texas in order to avoid an EMP calamity in unhardened states,” said Smith County resident, Bob Brewer, attendee of ET4L’s September meeting with Senator Bob Hall.
# # #
If you would like more information about this topic, please contact S. McMahan at (903) 500-2292 or email at email@example.com.